As one of the core professional teams at Landing Offices, which is organized by the most experienced Chinese lawyers focusing on the family law disputes including divorce, inheritance, and estate planning. We aim at providing multi-jurisdictional legal advice for high-net-worth individuals and middle-class families, including foreigners residing in China and overseas Chinese.
The professional legal services we provide including but not limited to the management of domestic and cross-border assets, legal advice for different stages of litigations in China, drafting wills and other testamentary documents, and acting as the administrator or executor of the your wills in China. We also work with several financial institutions to help high-net-worth individuals to arrange their offshore trusts so as to achieve the purpose of tax saving, compliance and assets protection.
The marriage and family disputes, estate planning, and the governance of family business are all highly complex and full of privacy. Therefore, what we provided is not as the same as traditional legal opinions and services mainly for litigations. We pay much more attention on comprehensive grasp of what our clients really need, and we make customized and tailored plan and strategies for each case and arrange the properties in separate jurisdictions to achieve the ultimate goal of wealth management.
Cross-border Family Law and Estate Planning
Family law and estate planning services are designed for and offered to individual clients who need advice for their marriages, pre-nuptial agreements, divorces, child custody and marital properties protection and splitting, or for inheritance of estates, estate administration, making wills, testamentary trusts and other estate planning on their China assets. In addition, we also help Chinese clients in setting up their estate planning in offshore jurisdictions like Hong Kong, Singapore, BVI and Cayman.
Cross-border services are what we are better at in China legal market than our peers. Our decade of rich experiences in cross-border family-centered legal services enable us to come up with more comprehensive strategies and tactics in maximizing benefits for clients.
Under this umbrella, we also help foreign clients in selling China properties after completion of their divorce or inheritance in which China real properties are involved. As part of such services related to property sale, we help with transferring sale proceeds out of China back to clients’ home countries.
We help foreign investors with making their initial business presence in China by setting up their business entity in China, including representative office, business branch, Sino-foreign joint ventures (equity JV or contractual JV), WFOE (wholly foreign owned enterprise), partnership, fund.
In addition, we do M&A, helping foreign investors in acquiring domestic companies, enterprises, and operational assets.
We also help clients in draft their business contracts with China partners such as OEM contract, sale and distribution contract. In particular, we have experience in pharmaceutical industries in regard of co-development, licensing and distribution of products in China.
In response to China economic rise in the world stage, we also help Chinese companies invest in foreign markets, mainly South East Asia and other countries of the One Belt and One Road initiative.
China Real Estate Law
This is one of our practice areas in which we have developed and cumulated rich experience and expertise. We help clients with:
(1) participating in public bidding process for selling land use right in obtain desired land for property development or industrial purposes such as building factories, warehouses etc;
(2) navigating through heavy and mazy laws and regulations relating to real estate project development, residential or commercial properties, in particular urban zoning and construction laws;
(3) acquiring and purchasing existing properties, buildings such as service apartment, office building and commercial properties, including conducting due diligence investigation on the properties in question, deal structure, taxation and property management;
(4) real estate project financing;
(5) real estate investment in Chinese properties, seeking opportunities on behalf of foreign investors to refurbishing, redecorating and re-marketing the same properties.
(6) accept entrustment of property management by clients who have real estates in China but cannot manage such properties themselves. We help to lease their properties, collecting rentals, clear taxes, and repatriate rentals out of China.