As a relatively small team, we don’t boast about comprehensive, full-blown legal services, rather, we want to highlight our focuses and strengths where we can do better than others.
1. Foreign Direct Investment in China
We help foreign investors with making their initial business presence in China by setting up their business entity in China, including representative office, business branch, Sino-foreign joint ventures (equity JV or contractual JV), WFOE (wholly foreign owned enterprise), partnership, fund.
In addition, we do M&A, helping foreign investors in acquiring domestic companies, enterprises, and operational assets.
2. Real Estate Law
This is one of our practice areas in which we have developed and cumulated rich experience and expertise. We help clients with:
(1) participating in public bidding process for selling land use right in obtain desired land for property development or industrial purposes such as building factories, warehouses etc;
(2) navigating through heavy and mazy laws and regulations relating to real estate project development, residential or commercial properties, in particular urban zoning and construction laws;
(3) acquiring and purchasing existing properties, buildings such as service apartment, office building and commercial properties, including conducting due diligence investigation on the properties in question, deal structure, taxation and property management;
(4) real estate project financing, bank loan, trust financing;
(5) real estate investment in Chinese properties, seeking opportunities on behalf of foreign investors to refurbishing, redecorating and re-marketing the same properties.
(6) real estate/property leasing, renting for residential, office and industrial purposes.
3. General Corporate Law
In regard of general corporate legal services, very often we enter into an annual or yearly retainer agreement with clients under which we provide various items of legal consultation services, including but not limited to:
(1) general corporate changes in corporate business scope, office address, company’s name, registered capital, launch of business branch;
(2) advising on corporate governance, drafting bylaws governing the operation of shareholder meeting, board meeting, legal representative and general manager, rules governing the use of corporate seal/chop, and rules regarding management incentive;
(3) advising on employment and labor issues of clients, reviewing labor contracts and bylaws for employees at different levels, drafting employee handbook, mass layoff, and labor arbitration and litigation;
(4) advising, drafting, reviewing, improving all kinds of business contracts used in client’s business operation with third parties;
(5) advising on tax issues regarding clients’ businesses.
(6) providing legal advice on the development strategies of clients in mainland China;
(7) providing legal advice on matters of intellectual property rights, including application for, transfer and license of patent, trademark, copyright and others;
(8) reclaiming receivables which are due by sending out attorney letters on behalf of clients;
(9) drafting, reviewing tenancy contracts or the sale contracts of properties leased or owned by clients for their office or manufacturing bases;
(10) dealing with client’s customers unfriendly claims, and providing relevant legal consultation thereon;
(11) coordinating and mediating the conflicts between clients and governmental authorities;
(12) providing regulatory information about PRC laws and regulations concerning client’s business operations; and helping its employees have a better understanding of the same;
(13) participating in negotiations between Client and any third party over matters of merge, acquisition, joint venture, restructuring, business alliance, transfer of assets and liabilities, insolvency and liquidation;
(14) conducting due diligence investigation on clients’ business partners by finding out corporate records of such partners kept with local industry and commerce bureau;
(15) providing legal service on and/or participating in negotiations over conflicts and disputes;
(16) providing services of legal training and lectures on PRC laws to clients’ management and employees.